By reading the words, you were already looking at the face of the candidate.
Process: I took a cast of my face with the help of three technicians at the college. When the cast had dried (and it took some time) I printed out text from a computer printer measuring it to the size of the head. I then cut the text out very carefully using a scalpel and placed strips of text across the plaster face using PVA glue mixed with a little water.
I then took five digital photo's of the cast and inverted these images. I then found a free morphing tool called Bitmorph to morph between the five different shots (taken at different angles) to give the impression of movement.